Conference Panel or Individual Proposal Guidelines (AHLiST 2016)
*All presenters must be members of the Association by conference time.
*All proposals should be sent to email@example.com
*All proposal submissions should indicate specific track numbers and titles in the email
* DEADLINE for Submission is September 30, 2016 (Extended)
* Submissions can be in ENGLISH, ESPAÑOL or PORTUGUÊS. All submission should represent original work done by the authors. There will be two options to propose/submit: i) panel proposal; ii) individual paper.
I. Panel Proposal (Session Proposal with three of more papers): If you plan to propose a panel/session, please include the title of the panel and the names of presenters; a panel abstract of 150-250 words; a separate page with the names of presenters, their contact information (mailing address, phone number, and email) and institutional affiliation(s), the titles of their presentations; and a 250- word abstract for each paper. Panels will be one hour and fifteen minutes long. Presenters for a panel will be asked to submit their abstract and information separately.
II. Individual Proposal: Each author can use one of the following way to submit:
- ABSTRACT: A title and 250 words (double-spaced and 12 fonts)
- WORK-IN-PROGRESS: A structured proposal of about 1,000 words (double- spaced and 12 fonts) including purpose, methodology/approach, findings, research limitations/implications, and originality/value. A reference list is required. Tables or figures should be placed in the appendix after the reference list if needed.
- FULL PAPER: Please scroll down below and refer to “this year’s publication guidelines.”
This year’s publication opportunities:
The 2016 AHLIST Conference presenters would have an opportunity to publish a full paper as a digital book chapter, once approved by anonymous peer review (double-blind) process. If you are interested, after the 2016 AHLIST Conference, please submit a complete/full version of your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “2016 AHLIST Paper Submission” by December 31, 2016.
This year’s publication guidelines:
*If you do not follow any of these requirements, AHLIST reserves a right to reject your submission.
- Manuscripts should follow the latest edition of the CHICAGO MANUAL OF STYLE. Please refer to the following page regarding the Chicago Manual of Style: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/717/01/
- All text must be:
-double-spaced and with Times New Roman font size 12
-left justified with all margins at least 1 inch
-if necessary, including footnotes entered with the word-processing programs
– more than 3,000 words but not exceeding 6,000 words including charts, tables, figures, appendices, footnotes, and bibliographical notes.
- You may cite your work, but do not use wording that identifies you as the manuscript’s author.
- Your name should appear only on the title page.
- You should also include a 100-word abstract in ENGLISH (only in English even though your full paper may be written in Spanish or Portuguese) following the title page.
- Submit one electronic copy in Microsoft Word (.doc) format to email: email@example.com. AHLIST will acknowledge the receipt of your manuscript.
All submissions and inquiries should be addressed to Dr. Song No, Editor of HASS and STEM, Purdue University.
- The publication does not allow multiple submissions. Decisions are generally made in 10 weeks of receipt. Manuscripts are subjected to blind reviews. If your manuscript is accepted for publication, you will be expected to obtain permission to reproduce any copyrighted materials (e.g., photographs) used in your paper.